Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...

I'm freaking published.

Yeeeeeeeees.

It's nothing super-duper-magnificently-amazingly-splendiferously awesome--just a quick book review that is compulsory for all of the Pro Writing majors--but guys, I am published.

Also, my spell check just let me get away with "splendiferously." This is a good day.

Here's the link; I'm sure by this point you know what to do:
http://www.christianbookpreviews.com/christian-book-detail.php?isbn=0310718368

That's about all that I have for right now, aside from waxing eloquent about how pretty the campus is, how much I miss my framily (friends + family + I'm published, I can make up whatever words I wish = framily), how good the food is, how badly I need to work out, how awesome my Writing class is, and how irritatingly less-than-awesome all the others are, but you guys have already heard that song, have you not?

(Yes. You have.)

Only one other thing, and this is somewhat related. When I first got to Taylor I thought that I was probably going to be able to CLEP my Expository Writing course, because it's essentially just your basic college English course and the only reason we take it is so that we can learn to write...which I'm already doing. However, since I am already enrolled in the class and we're past the Drop/Add period, even if I took the CLEP test and passed it with so many flying colors that the examiners all dropped to the floor in amazement and started to compose songs about how awesome I am (and that would not happen), I wouldn't be able to drop the class.

Well.

Crap.

But it's okay! Guys, I AM PUBLISHED!

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Other Self!!!! Now the true question is...will I read this Starlight book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And if you'd like to read it, let me know and I'll bring my copy and give it to ya when I visit during Thanksgiving. I doubt that the library will have it, and there's no reason you should have to pay any money to read it when I've got a copy.

    ReplyDelete