Sunday, March 21, 2010

Greetings and Felicitations

Welcome.

I've decided to write a blog--but I suspect you've figured that already, you erudite little scholar, you. A large part of the reason for this sucker's existence is, well, I'm going to college, and people (my mom) will want to know what's happening in life. Also, I quite like writing, so this will be a convenient pastime while I'm wasting my life, you know, being a college student.

I must warn you; this is my first time controlling a blog that is entirely my own. I've had some experience with writing a day-to-day log, but that was only a two-week thing and anyway, I was writing about people who are much more interesting than I am doing things much more exciting than what I do. So this idea of a blog devoted wholly to my own thoughts is a new thing to me: we're going to have to learn all of this together--you learning how to read me, me learning how to write to you.

Call it a symbiotic evolution.

And because we're taking this from ground level--and because I don't have much of a censor--all material is fair game. I will write about everything and anything that I'm thinking about, doing, reading, watching, questioning, theorizing, romanticizing, or digesting. This will include movies, books, people, philosophy, short stories, random and ephemeral ideas which may or may not be put out in Twitter format (though I'll try ever-so-valiantly to keep those confined to Facebook) and anything else that I really feel like writing. Expect to be surprised, but try not to expect much poetry. I don't rhyme well.

Alright then. Let's hit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment